Monday, January 7, 2013

Hidy Ochiai's Karate - Vestal, NY

Vestal, just outside of Binghamton, NY, is home to Hidy Ochiai. Hidy Ochiai is a truly great Man. I had the great fortune of studying Karate with him from 1978 through 1982. Sensei was a truly charismatic individual and for most of my life he was one of my very greatest of influences. I personally watched him guide, teach, and affect so many people in the most positive of ways.

There are many martial arts teachers in abundance today. Many of them are incredibly skilled now, many are technically superior, but Hidy Ochiai is truly a rare, powerful, empowering teacher of the highest order. Not a day goes by, that I don't think of him, and I am always so grateful for the opportunity to have learned so much from him.

Thank you with the utmost respect always Sensei.

No comments:

Post a Comment