Saturday, December 22, 2012

Famous Ray's Still Lives as Famous Roio's Pizza

The one and only Ray's Pizza from my youth in the 70s. The BEST pizza slices of NYC back in the day and regular trips were made there from high school, to college and beyond. I'm never a fan of change, and was saddened when the place was rented out to others who lowered the standards and didn't keep up the place well.

I found out this past year that the original owner decided to re open the place as Famous Roio's, and man, let me tell you... now, I make a weekly jaunt over here to get my pizza slices. OMG, each and every time I take a bite, i'm transported back in time to a better place and a better stress free and happy time of my life. How many places can do that??

The slices are thick, cheesy and the crust is the best and remains as I fondly remembered it to be. These are Man slices of pizza that will fill you up and satisfy. None of the absurd fancy, gourmet pizza stuff. I hate that nonsense. This is the REAL deal if you hanker for a slice of true NYC pizza.

Located on the corner of Sixth Avenue and 11th street.


No comments:

Post a Comment